Today was the first day of our strawberry harvest! Aren't they BEAUTIFUL? Tomie hasn't quite caught the gist of picking the red ones - unless he's colorblind - hence the green strawberries in the mix.
He definitely gets the whole eating idea - though I remember when he used to eat the WHOLE thing.
Hazel is just learning - but just as with all food she's game for anything. You should've seen some of the faces she made - grimaces galore! This strawberry looks to me like it's her tongue sticking out.
We enjoyed this batch in all their sun-warmed glory, but picked another batch this afternoon to go in the homemade ice cream the boys made for scouts. Frosty frozen or juicy fresh, these strawberries were wonderful and we have more to come! So hip hip hooray for a strawberry patch that manages to grow strawberries year after year despite our haphazard husbandry!
8 comments:
Alas, due to the wind the tops of mine totally dehydrated, and the roots are just barely shooting up a tiny leaf apiece. Those look delectable!
Look at that kid go to town on that strawberry!
Yum yum! What's your secret!! I so would love a strawberry patch. We (minus Kevin) would be eating them all up very quickly. I tried to grow a few plants a few years ago and they produced a whopping 3 strawberries before they turned to dust. So, I'm curious, what you do to get them so scrumptious?:)
Yummm...Those look so good!
Love the pictures. Your kids are so dang cute! Love you.
There is nothing better than home grown strawberries! Love the picture of Hazel. Soooo cute!
yep, they look beautiful. makes me wish we had strawberries in our garden!
yeah! Thats awsome! I miss fresh berries. :(
Post a Comment