Saturday, November 6, 2010
Uncanny
What inexplicable phenomenon alerts my children to their mother's imminent slumber? It matters not when I choose to go to bed; whether it's 9 PM or 2 AM, they will sleep soundly until I just start to drift off and then it's all up with the crying. If it only happened once in a while, I'd write it off as coincidence, but it happens EVERY night! I suppose I should think it a bit miraculous that they are so aware of me (just like they are aware of every button they can push to send me through the roof) but I'm more likely to feel exasperated and slightly infringed upon. It seems there is no bubble of independence for a mother - only the illusion thereof. Everything she is and can do and learns is ultimately promised to the rearing of the beautiful, terrible, wonderful creatures she birthed. *sigh* I just wish this weren't true for the five minutes it takes to truly fall asleep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
For me the universal force tells my sisters about 10 minutes after I lie down. It is crazy!
Post a Comment