The weather in Missouri was delightful while we visited so the shortcakes and I went for a little walk-about. Trace was the fearless leader who regaled us with adventuresome tales, facts, and points of interest. Yep, he kept up a steady stream of dialogue regardless of whether we were listening or not. Which, of course, we were. :o)
Our guide took us to his fort where he demonstrated his mad tree climbing skills. Kimmie was his perfect pink shadow. She was determined to prove her prowess in mimicking each of Trace's skills: boasting, climbing, telling the younger child he/she can't do whatever it is I'm currently doing, etc.
The coveted treasure secreted away in the fort was a collection of unbroken clay pigeons gleaming golden in the mottled sunlight. They were rescued from childish hands by the little mother Kate. She is very like her own mother - sweetart: sometimes sweet, sometimes tarty, but always a favorite.
Each child, in turn, claimed the treasure as his... until Taylor, the last to arrive, set them all straight. Under the rule of primogeniture, the fort was his, as was the treasure! Ahem, Tomas, the walking stick is Taylor's too, but you can borrow it. ;o)
Ha ha! What a beautiful day it was! A treasure officially belonging to each participant. I'm so glad I had a chance to spend time with the "niechews" to enjoy their conversation and personalities. We Gublers sure do love those Lees a whole heart and a half!
2 comments:
Sade, Thanks for making memories with the kids! They simply adore you and their cousins! P.S. I too think Katie is applesaucy! I guess we are so blessed to get what we deserve! I am so anxious to watch our sweet Hazel grow! What adventures will she take us all on?
Saddie I love you! I think your niechews are so lucky to have you!
Post a Comment