Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Uninvited Guests

We came home one day to find these two moving, crowing lawn ornaments.


Their visit seemed harmless at first, but then I stepped in a pile of some of this...


... and then they refused to leave.

They are a couple of the worst unwanted guests ever! Besides arriving unexpectedly, they don't clean up after themselves, they're up at all hours making a ruckus, and they're constantly eating but never bother to chip in with an egg or two. Roosters! I tell you! They need to take a cue from the hummingbirds, doves, robins, finches, pidgeons, etc. that come, eat, nest, and fly away without leaving droppings the size of ICK! all over the place.

Okay, so it is pretty danged funny to watch Tomy and Hazel chase them around. Watching Levi and two other grown men try to chase them down the street was also priceless - the neighbor even busted out his bb gun! (Yes, this neighbor is a retired fellow - further proof that boys never grow up ;o) and never grow out of their love for guns of all shapes and sizes.) It is also very sweet to see Hazel's ears perk up when she hears the "roostah" crow, returns his "cock cock ..... do do," and asks "whe' go?"

7 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh how fun!!! Good luck with those!!

Jen said...

I'll tell ye the wurst thang about them roosters is they don't even lay eggs!

Though entertainment value for small children cannot be overrated.

Lee Family said...

I feel for you Sadie. Our neighbor down the street who has a rooster that loves to come to my bedroom window every morning just to crow. Nasty Bird! We've hit him several times with pebbles in a sling shot, but he just keeps coming back.

Saddie said...

Seriously! Why couldn't we have been invaded by a couple hens? I ask you. Then we could have our entertainment and eat it too. Though, I suppose we COULD eat the roosters.

Lee Family said...

BTW, I need to get you moms email so I can send her an invite to our blog.

Paulette said...

Crazy roosters! I had no idea they could be so persistent.

The Heaton's said...

Oh wow! Funny no one has mentioned they are missing two roosters;)! Good luck!