Monday, November 30, 2009

magic

The holiday season is so full of favorites that it's hard to pick a favorite favorite, but for the minute (11:30 PM) my favorite favorite is my Christmas tree. I used tonight's solitude to redecorate unassisted my tree whose bottom half had *mysteriously* gone awry. As my task was accomplished and lights were turned on, I was reminded of the mystical magic that is a glowing Christmas tree on a quiet night. I'm not sure what it is, but some intangible wonder fills my heart with the warmest of seasonal joys when I gaze into a glimmering tree. Oh! and that feeling is as familiar and dear to my soul as the anticipation of Christmas Eve. And so I felt the desire to share this quiet moment, to make record of the contented sigh, to bask in the holiday quietude before morning comes and life's irritations, holiday's bustle, children's curious hands find me as undone as my tree will inevitably become. Isn't it funny-fantastic how these short moments make it all so well worth the while? It's nothing short of a Christmas miracle!

3 comments:

LaDawna said...

I love you Sadie, and I love the feelings that you just wrote about. I think one of my very most favorite things about Christmas is the tree also. I have warm feelings everytime I see a tree's lights go on.

Krista Jones said...

You have such a gift! Your posts are so beautifully written! I think my favorite things about the season are the goodies I treat myself to- hot chocolate, egg nog, yummy cookies from friends, the decorated gingerbread house, etc.

Paulette said...

Thank you, Sadie! Merry Christmas to you too!:)