Last night Tomy decided that he'd rather not fall asleep. *Argh!* So after hours of suffering through the whinging monotony, I decided to let him help reorganize the foto files on our computer hoping that the tedious task would wisk him away to dreamland. Well, he still didn't fall asleep, but any aggravation I had been feeling evaporated when, as we came upon this wedding picture, my son shouted with joyful recognition, "Jesus Christ! Mommy Princess!"

How could I stay upset with a little boy who is excited to see Jesus and thinks his mommy looks like a princess? Not possible. And so it was with a much sweeter kiss and tender tuck-in, that I and my son soon drifted to sleep.
Oh - well, that would have been a nice ending to the story. Unfortunately, the evening ended with Tomy crying as he was returned to his bed and then getting a spanking for waking the baby who refused to be comforted because she was left crying in her detested crib while I cleared the pile of unfolded laundry off my bed so we could both get some sleep. *Waaahhhhh!* Perhaps this is a case in which a good memory is unpardonable.
1 comment:
You do look like a princess
Post a Comment