Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Rainy Days and Wednesdays

To commemorate Hazel's 1 1/2 birthday, Earth Day, Free Fee National Park Week, and a lovely rain storm we headed up to ZNP. The rain did wonders for the park: the waterfalls were plentiful, the colors were vivid, the smells were bright, and the crowds were sparse.


Our adventure found us at Weeping Rock where Tomy hiked the WHOLE way by himself. It's funny that he'll "hike" anywhere, but the "walk" to the hike was supposedly too hard (insert a few wah-wahs and some whining) - goober. :o)


I hoped to do the river walk too, but the wind further up the canyon was gusty and brisk, so we just enjoyed the pretty view from the safety of the shuttle. Some shuttle highlights: Tomy licking the chair - ick!, Hazel going for EVERY emergency escape hatch, the cute European baby that kept playing goo-goo eyes with us, the climbers' tent suspended from the sheer canyon wall, lots of deer, a wild turkey, and the raging rain-bloated river. Fun, fun!

blog signature

3 comments:

katy said...

Wow,Weeping rock is far for a kid. I love Zion. It looks so peaceful in the pics. Your kids crack me up.

Wendy said...

Ooh.. I can smell the freshness. Wish I were there! I hope you didn't carry the two on your little walk like the picture suggests, if so... MY HERO!!!

The Johnson's said...

Gotta love ZIon!!!