Wednesday, July 14, 2010

What's For Dinner?

You know, there once was a time when I really, truly enjoyed cooking - oh the thrill of creating something tasty and filling up the hungry places! I especially liked the challenge of making dinner from the random whatevers found in the relatively bare cupboard. Well that thrill has dissipated into the almost forgotten past. Now making meals tends to be a tedious affair that is unvaryingly punctuated with a more-than-painful reception at the dinner table. Let me tell you, it's enough to make a girl cry!

Oh food! How I love you! Why have you turned against me? What are the magic words that will renew our long-lost relationship? How can I convince my boys that you are a friend whose company is to be relished and savored in all its vast complexities? How can I turn the tides of fate and bitterness in favor of a healthy, happy dinner table?

Oh if I only knew...

2 comments:

Tricia S. said...

I'm so tired of cooking too. My brain is fried, and I just don't want to have to be creative and think about what to cook. Not to mention that most of it ends up on the floor anyway thanks to two special little men in my life.

Tonya Mae Wilson said...

Saddie, you are too funny. :) I delight in reading your writing. It is refreshing. Now, is it the boys or the food that has turned against you?