Monday, February 2, 2009

Fantabliawesome!

This lovely neologism is the creation of my niece Aryn and her friend. I use it in this post to describe both her and her new pants that we sewed together. They are patterned after some crazy pants Levi got in the Philippines. We made all the sibs some a couple Christmases back and I have a million pair (they're great maternity pants) and so Aryn decided that she wanted a pair of these funky tie-on pants too.

Well, I am far from skilled when it comes to sewing and so I tend to cheat. Because of this I made a VERY simple pattern from Levi's originals and felt that Aryn could manage to follow it without much difficulty. So, I sized it down for her and we headed to my mom's house to use her serger and fancy schmancy sewing machine. Aryn didn't require much instruction and after doing about 75% of the work all by herself she produced these:



She did a great job and we had a great time together. Thanks Aryn for spending some time with me. Thanks Mom for the loan of the equipment and your house. Thanks Levi for keeping an eye on the short ones while I played Auntie for awhile.

PS How's about that new carpet, eh?! It's fantabliawesome too, though not as fantabliawesome and Aryn.

6 comments:

keri said...

Love the carpet. What a nice Auntie you are to help Aryn. Love the pants

Jen said...

I do love a fancy shmancy sewing machine. Also, the carpit is lovely, and the niece very stylin'.

rayndrop said...

Fantabliawesome, indeed! The pants look great. She's been wearing them nonstop. I like the picture poses as well.

The Johnson's said...

Aryn is such a cutie. Maybe you need to spend some quality cousin time and teach my girls how to sew. And Aryn I think that should pass of a faith of God requirement too. Grandma says Saddie is great and she is mine.

Kendra said...

Fantabliawesome. That is a great word.

Anonymous said...

Those are the coolest pants ever! Great Job! Amazing new word too.