Friday, February 20, 2009

Grocerysmarts

So, I went to Albertson's today and purchased 92 items, spent $48.83, and saved $222.98. That, if I've done my math correctly, is an 82% discount on groceries with an average of $.53 an item. I can't cry about that, even if Keri did better than I! ;o)

My favorite deals were, and this is with tax included:
30 Betty Crocker cake mixes @ $.29 a piece (without any coupons!),
10 frostings @ $.62 a piece (with only a couple coupons),
12 Progresso soups @ $.45 a piece (with only a couple coupons),and
12 Pillsbury Grands @ $.12 a piece (with lots of coupons!).

Yippee for grocerysmarts and learning how to exploit Albertson's relatively effortlessly! Of course, the hardest part of great sales like this is knowing when to quit! Oh, and where to store all the stuff I bought.

A definite side benefit of my recent Albertson's trips is getting to see my cousin Christopher D. on a regular basis. I swear he LIVES at Albertson's! I used to rarely see him, but now he's my inside connection. Family rocks!

3 comments:

keri said...

Great job sadie

The Johnson's said...

That is so cool I also thought that sale rocked!

LaDawna said...

I want to be this kind of shopper! I could use all that stuff! We are so going to have to talk.