It was 6:30 AM Monday when, with a kiss and an "I'll see ya later, Love" Levi set off for work in Kanab.
It was 10 AM when Tomie and I called to tell him about the egg in our hummingbird's nest and only got a "This is Levi. Leave a message."
It was noon when I called, wondering if Levi was going to be home in time for lunch and whether he'd want to eat what we were eating -
"... leave a message"
It was 1PM when, since I hadn't gotten the "Hi hon, I'm on my way home. See you in an hour," I figured he stopped for a shake and burger at the Junction courtesy of ECOLAB.
It was 2 PM when I called to tell him what I had found out about pediatric dentist and MetLife and got another, "This is Levi....."
It was 3 PM when I started thinking he must have had more accounts to do than the simple two room bed bug check and so consulted his schedule only to find he's supposed to be in Kanab on Tuesday - no help there and still no "Hi Saddie!"
It was 5 PM when I took the kids for a walk to escape the plethora of worst-case scenarios forming in my mind, and hoped I wouldn't receive an, "I'm sorry Mrs. Gubler, but your husband ..."
It was 6 PM when I left a "Levi, you've been gone for 12 HOURS with NO WORD!! WHERE THE CRAP ARE YOU?!?! We are at your Grandma's house for FHE." and promised myself I'd call someone if I didn't hear from him by seven.
It was 6:45 PM when I breathed a relieved sigh as the "Hey Saddie. Sorry I'm late, but I got stuck reading a book. See ya in an hour." dispelled half made funeral plans for the husband and restored a measure of sanity for the wife.
And that is the story of how stopping for lunch and "just one more chapter" can lead to a 7 hour book reading marathon/ worry fest. I'm sure there must be a moral in there somewhere.
Mostly I found the whole thing to be highly amusing - I mean, really! Who orders lunch and then STAYS at the cafe reading ALL DAY? LOL! And mostly I can't wait to read this book - it must be pretty good.
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I must say I have done that to Brandon. It was a great day at the park and the boys were so content with playing. I sat to read my book and before I knew it Brandon was calling me asking if he should start dinner and If I was going to be home soon? Inkheart serious IT"S GREAT!
Time to kill the husband..lol. James did that to me once. He said he was going to go check on the kids (who were playing outside) The kids came in about 20 min. later. I asked where's dad? They said, we haven't seen him. WHAT? I thought he was watching you...nope. After looking everywhere and calling everone, panic set in. 2 hrs later, I finally see him sleeping in the van...aaaahhh! Silly, silly husbands.
that is funny. and so levi. but still a little surprising. but then, yeah, i can believe that.
i'm glad you took it so well.
I am trying to get ahold of you and i don't have your number! Can you call me if you get this today. 702-361-1162 Love ya
Dang those husbands sometimes. That book is written by my friend's brother. Small world.
So I made Alex come read the post. First of all, I told him he can NEVER do that to me, secondly he called Levi a retard =), thirdly, he said "wow, that must be a good book", and fourthly he wants to email the post to Brandon Sanderson! I am still thinking that you handled that well....Alex may not have survived the rest of the day!! (I am a bit prone to overreaction....however if it was me reading for 7 hours......) =)
Post a Comment