Every year I dutifully, even happily, file my taxes and every year my equanimity is dashed to pieces by the line marked "Utah use tax." I feel the irrepressible urge to rant in frustration and bewilderment over the idiocy that must have spawned such a tax!
I could soap box your ears off - Levi's are already on the floor. Yet today I will spare you my tired tirade and put forth the questions whether anyone knows when this tax was instigated, whether it's used for education or not, and if anyone else is as aggravated and bewildered by it as I am? It is my hope that such information will restore a measure of my equanimity - that is, until next year's tax season rolls around.

5 comments:
i like the picture. that danged prince john. good movie.
Use tax is to tax everything people and business bought without paying sales tax. People were getting around paying sales tax by purchasing online and out of state, so Utah instigated a use tax. you have to pay in on anything you use that you did not pay sales tax on. What's really annoying is when you have to pay it as a business. of course I order things wholesale and then have to pay a use tax on it at the end of the quarter. Try keeping track of every little penny you did and did not pay sales tax on. one more little (huge) thing to track.
Ugh. I could go on a serious belligerent tirade about taxes. You pay tax on land when you buy it, then every year because you own it, and then when you die, your relatives pay inheritance tax. Let's THROW ALL THE TEA IN THE OCEAN AGAIN!
Alex has got stung on that stupid use tax a few times because he buys via newegg all computer stuff. He was buying for his office, too, so he had to go through and figure out which purchases were ours and which were the office so we could pay our tax and they could pay theirs. LAME.
Prince John is speaking as I type! Kim has good taste in movies! Is Robin Hood real? I got a video from the library to watch today to find out! It is fun to believe in a tax hero! I think I would like to see the government implement a 10% tax. It would be much simpler!
Taxes are not to be understood! they are just to be paid. Citizens should not ask questions. Proceed to your nearest mailbox and input all your money, Thank You!!!
Post a Comment