We tend to use a lot of sticks at our house. They're ever so handy for corralling the short people.
They are also good for trellising roses, building tepees, and swinging around in a menacing manner.
We like them so much that when we were deciding what to plant in our square foot garden this year, the choice was obvious!
Isn't it a lovely stick garden? Oh wait, this is but another example of the stick's versatility. They perform well as a rolling cat deterrent - umm... at least we hope so.
We're very excited about our garden this year! I'm not working, pregnant, on bed rest, or anything else exciting like that so I can actually pay some attention to our garden. Hopefully, this year we'll produce more than a bowl full of strawberries, a few dozen onions, 2 tomatoes, and one little pumpkin. But if all else fails, we can always scavenge through our stick garden and make some stone soup.
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You are trully amazing. And I love that book!I wish I could have a garden!
Love all of the creatives stick uses. I will be staking half of my tomato plants this year. Your fences are especially pleasing.
i hadven't seen these posts. they didn't come up on my following thing.
we love sticks too. there's a cute book at the library called "not a stick." i want to get it.
best wishes for the garden!
Post a Comment