This morning's cookie making adventure stands out in my mind as an interesting commentary on the differences between Levi's world and mine. You know, the worlds that coexist but look very dissimilar.
Levi making cookies:
He thinks that he wants cookies so he mixes up a batch from scratch with the Tomie's help. I eat a bunch of cookie dough while it's soft and fluffy. Levi bakes the cookies, most with Reese's Piece (he doesn't eat chocolate) and a few with chocolate chips. Half an hour from start to finish, we all eat cookies.
Saddie making cookies (the abbreviated version):
Tomie spends and hour begging for "hudry pood cookie, hundry pood cookie, hundry pood cookie" while I try to finish organizing the food storage. Then I grab a bag of cookie mix, change a diaper blow out, ask Tomas to show me where the eggs are, and place a stick of butter in the microwave. Next I wipe up the egg that has drooled down the counter, remove the shell from the mix, undress my now slimy boy and head to get him new clothes. With a re-clothed child in tow, we return to the kitchen and mix up the cookies. I spoon the cookies onto the tray, most with chocolate chips and two with the chocolate picked out, while Tomas and Levi eat the dough. Before the cookies can bake, I find it necessary to calm the baby who woke up crying and while they bake I calm the recently pacified baby who just got pushed over. I try to blog about it while the baby cries and the two-year-old jumps on the couch in front of me to get my attention. Two hours from start to finish, we all eat cookies.
So, I like Levi's cookies better. Because they're made from scratch? Maybe. Because I didn't make them? Probably.
Oh, just so you know, there was a lot of hand washing involved too. I didn't go directly from messy diaper to cookies, etc. I could tell some of you were worried.
Saturday, June 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh this so sounds like my world. Only the cookies would have taken several more hours to bake due to my ADD way of doing chores at my house ;)
Post a Comment