Monday, December 15, 2008

A Gift Tag

Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends.
Okay, here's what you're supposed to do, and try not to be a SCROOGE!!! Copy to your blog... Change all the answers so that they apply to you. Then tag 6 people!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I like pretty wrapping paper with fabulous bows and tags, but when I need to hurry, gift bags are the wrapping of choice and so easy to reuse!
2. Real tree or Artificial? I have an artificial tree (pre-lit is a joy!), but I LOVE the smell of a real tree. Maybe next year?
3. When do you put up the tree? The weekend after Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take the tree down? Whenever I feel like it! Generally after the New Year.
5. Do you like eggnog? ICK! The thought of drinking raw eggs...shiver! On a happy note, it reminds me of my favorite first brother-in-law!
6. Do you have a stocking? I have one at my parents' house that my Grandma S. made. She made a girl one for my sister and boy ones for my brother, but I got a really cool one with snowflakes and other patterns. I always liked it the best because it was different.
7. Hardest person to buy for? Travis and Alisa!
8. Easiest person to buy for? Me! Ha Ha!
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Of course! I have a giant set that I got at a yard sale for $2. They were chipped, but that saved me from being worried about the kids. The kids each have their very own sets thanks to Grandma Teresa. (They can't touch those ones, except to put them out.)
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail!!!
11. Most memorable Christmas gift you ever received? My Cabbage Patch Carly, the year of the great Cabbage Patch Doll Dearth. I knew I'd never get one, but low and behold! Santa is AMAZING! I sure loved her!
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Holiday Inn
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Umm... traditionally... Christmas Eve. Ha ha! This year I started in October - I caught the Christmas bug early!
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I dunno.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? TURTLES! Chocolately, caramel-ly, pecan-y JOY! My Mom makes the very best turtles in the whole entire WORLD. I also love petit fours, but they're too hard to find!
16. Lights on the tree? Yes! Ha ha! I like white lights on my tree, but colored lights DEFINITELY have their place in the world. I also like bubble lights; my Dad always made a big deal of loving bubble lights, so I can't help but love them too.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Any primary Christmas song and Ave Maria.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? I'd much rather stay home. Most of the family is here. But I did enjoy our trip to San Diego last year with Levi's family.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Who can't?! ;o)
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? I have both. The star is up this year. When I was little, we had this beautiful crocheted angel than had to be starched every year. She was a FAVORITE!
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Morning!! I like that Levi likes opening presents all day. It's very exciting!
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Having a birthday after Christmas. But I'm learning to cope :o) Mostly it's fun to whine about having a birthday after Christmas.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Lately, I've had a thing for pomegranates. Though, if you check out my house, you'd notice that cardinals abound. "We Like Card'nals!"
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? We don't so much do a Christmas dinner. Christmas breakfast is much better - with pomegranate syrup on waffles and sausage!
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I have a long list if you'd like to see it... :o)
26. Who is most likely to respond to this? I dunno.
27. Favorite Christmas Tradition? Getting up insanely early to open presents by the magical light of the Christmas tree. Everything is so much more enchanting before the sun rises.

Let's see... I think I shall TAG Mom, LaDawna, Jamie, Wendy, Nicole, and Rayn.

1 comment:

Justin and Julie said...

Saddie,
I enjoyed your fun answers on the Christmas Tag.....I need the pomegranate Syrup recipe...Do Share! Also, best wishes to the Cabbage Patch that took a dip with your little guy Tomie! Thank you for the invite to the Blessing....I would love to come but my siter is blessing her bbaby that day as well and the times conflict....But I was hoping to get together with you and Kami for lunch...When can you do it?
Julie