Friday, December 19, 2008

A Manifestation of the Spirit?

We just had our Activity Day Recognition Ceremony.

The front of the invitation I made and yes, I was as nuts with this as with the blessing announcement. I got the formatting idea from Maridee.

We went to the temple visitor center, gave the girls their charm bracelets, and went through the presentations on the family and the life of Jesus. I had planned on taking pictures by the temple and having hot chocolate while we looked at the lights, but I didn't plan on snow! So we took pictures by the Christus and ate candy canes - an excellent alternative!

All my sweet Activity Day girls but one, showing off their new bracelets!

But as I was taking pictures, I kept getting this crazy blur! I messed with my flash and my different camera settings to no avail! I could only conclude that the Spirit was with us. Only after everyone was leaving did I think to look at my lens and, sure enough, it was all gooped up from taking pictures in the snow! Argh, no time for retakes! Oh well, it is a visual reminder that we really did feel the Spirit that evening as the sister missionaries bore their testimonies of Christ and the eternal nature of the family!

1 comment:

The Johnson's said...

Don't you love Activity Days? I do. I think that the picture is actually really cool!!!!