Sunday, December 21, 2008

This Morning's Minor Miracle

It goes like this...

I'm nursing the baby, Levi's working on something or other... but where is Tomas?

All I hear is, "Oh Tomas!"

Do I really want to know?

Like it or not, Levi reports that Tomie has colored all over his dresser, chair, closet door, and lawn mower.

At first, I'm not too concerned. He's got washable markers and crayons, no worries! Oh no... he used the green sharpie! AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!

After a few deep breaths I resigned myself to the colorful state of things without beating my child. Then I hear, "Oh Tomas!" again.

Levi discovered more permanent marker on our LCD computer monitor! Nothing like trying to look at screen through Tomie's artwork.

And now, the MIRACLE...

I look online for a solution to my marker quandary and lo and behold there are all sorts of posts on how to remove sharpie - courtesy of the many other people out there with creative two-year-olds. The toothpaste removed the marker on the screen quickly without damaging the screen and isopropyl alcohol fixed the dresser and closet. I left the lawn mower as it was, seeing that it's his toy and he can color it if he wants to.

And so my Sunday was saved from the attack of the Mischievous Marker Man. Now if I could say the same for the Sacrament Screamer Man, I would be a sane and happy mother.

5 comments:

jayson.shay said...

Okay, I have toothpaste and alcohol. I'm ready for Tomie to come to my house for a while. You didn't drink it right?
Your Sister Shay
P.S. Hope your Christmas is joyful and tri-elephant!

Jen said...

I'm glad you found the tips online, because I was all ready to push my glasses up my nose and say, "Well, you know, rubbing alcohol gets permanent marker off of lots of stuff, you know."

Erica Locke said...

Yay for Saddie! I am glad to hear you found a solution! Good Work!

The Johnson's said...

Oh the joys of motherhood. And oh the joys of the internet. I give full credit to the removal of Ashtons lice to the internet. I can not tell you which of the 50 home remedies worked, because I tried them all.

The Farnsworths said...

Oh no!! I must say that you are a very good mom. I might have beat my child if I saw such a spectacle. I've been through many colorings on walls and things, but I think yours takes the cake.:) Children are a joy, aren't they?:) And thanks for the tips, they will come in handy when Eli gets bigger.:)
I hope you have a very Merry Christmas! Thanks for letting us park on your lawn to watch the light parade! That was fun!